Monday 12 October 2009

Sick

Ok, I've been suffering for the last week or so, with the flu, I'm still coughing, but at least that's all now.

I won't go into the disgusting details, suffice to say it was a pretty bad flu I had.

It's usually my bad luck to catch one thing every winter, but it only just started getting a little nippy out a week ago, usually I make it to December/January, usually around some party I'm too ill to go to, this time I feel like it was waiting for me round the corner, as we turned into October, it attacked me.

What I don't get, is why your body is pathetically weak, except when it comes to coughing and sneezing... it's like the virus has taken control of your system and reprogrammed your brain and nasal passages for FULL power, or overload... you sneeze so hard, you blow a hole in the 5 tissues you grabbed at once, made a noise so loud and unearthly it scared every human and pet in the house. Then of course as you returning to your normal seating position, checking you still have both your eyeballs still in their socket, and there's no visible trances of any escaped part of your brain, your shoulder bones ache like you've just been in a Mr Strongman competition.

You curse your body and the virus, why? What possible reason could there be to put yourself through such a force, your nose is highly unlikely to be any clearer, so why? The only logical reason I can think is the virus forcing you to spread itself.

The sneezing has stopped, thank goodness, but I still have the cough, a dry cough, there's nothing to cough up, least it doesn't feel like there is. Yet again, my body's on autopilot, been hacked into, hijacked, forced to cough at regular points, and particularly when the room is quiet, or at a church for a Christening.

At least I wasn't the only one hacking up a lung there.

No comments:

Post a Comment